About James “Jake” Shinners
“Jake” received his Bachelor of Science with honors, from Michigan State University and his Juris Doctorate from the University of Detroit School of Law. He was admitted to the State Bar in 1974. The Firm’s founder and a shareholder, Jake concentrates his practice on estate planning, real estate and business law. He is currently “of counsel” within the Firm.
He has devoted a great deal of his time and efforts to securing the growth and development of Saginaw County and its future. Jake also enjoys hunting, fishing, and travel, and has been involved in a number of local businesses and real estate projects.
- Saginaw County Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Michigan, Member
- One Hundred Club of Saginaw – Founder & Former Director
- Trout Unlimited – Mershon chapter, former Director and President
- Boone & Crockett Club – emeritus, former regular member
- Saginaw Community Foundation – Real Estate Advisory Comity, former Trustee
- Michigan Council of Trout Unlimited – At Large Director
- 1st State Bank – Founder & Director
- Saginaw Field & Stream Club – Honorary Life Member
- Member of numerous other outdoor clubs and organizations
Jake has historically served on many boards, foundations, and professional groups as a director, officer, or trustee.